
Evan hugging a giant Thunderegg

The Rainbow Room

A room in the museum

Sitting on the "friendship" hearth.
This was Ryan's special thing he wanted to take Evan to. He heard about it from our friends Ken and Vicki, and knew that Evan would totally be "into" it. We drove out to Hillsboro to meet Dad and Barbara for lunch, then all of us went to the museum. It was an old house, now converted into a giant museum (over 7000SF) for rocks, minerals, petrified wood, etc. It was really fascinating and beautiful! Evan LOVED it - and all kids get to play in the "rock pile" at the end, and choose a rock as a keepsake. There was also a dinosaur fossil section (very popular with Evan) that included Hadrosaurus eggs. I think his favorite room was the "Rainbow Room", where the lights turn off and all of the rocks GLOW in these beautiful colors! Nature is so amazing.....
1 comment:
I've never heard of this place. I have a "rock fanatic" at my house too. I'll have to keep this in mind. Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment