Thursday, September 13, 2007

A New Chapter

Today was the second day of preschool - a full 2.5 hours. I was so excited to have some time to myself, I only accomplished one thing! I thoroughly cleaned, organized and de-cluttered my kitchen countertop and junk drawer!
I got to turn on the new Rihanna CD (I love a little hip-hop), and actually concentrate on what I was doing. As I was busily organizing, I had this awesome feeling of "Gosh, I'm going to have this time for myself twice a week, EVERY week! Imagine all the things I can get done!" I made a couple of mental lists and goals - and tomorrow I will write them down. Maybe it was the cooler, darker weather, but I really love Fall. When kids go back to school and the weather changes, it just signifies mounds of CHANGES. And as much as I can be resistant and afraid of change, I also love it. It keeps things new, and my mind sharp (well, as sharp as it can be). So, as of tonight, I look forward to breaking out the sweaters and umbrellas, and the scent of burning leaves. I can't wait to hear the far-off sound of the high school band playing at football games. And WOW - I sure love that my son is in a social, learning environment and becoming more independent of me! (Of course, I am all the more huggy-kissy-smelling him when I pick him up)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm not ready for fall yet! How did Evan do on his second day?

Sheri said...

I can just see you dancing around the kitchen (hee-hee). Want to come clean my kitchen counters???

I hope Evan has enjoyed his first week of preschool.

Casey said...

Sure sounds like you are enjoying your kid-free time - YAY!!! Once you tackle on your projects, feel free to come on over. I have a few kitchen cabinets that are in desperate need of cleaning. :)