Sunday, April 20, 2008

Vancouver Walk MS 2008


Over the past several weeks, I have had the privilege of being involved with this walk. Yesterday was the actual walk - and THANK GOD it did not rain! Ryan, Evan and Ryan's Mom walked (well, Evan lazily rode in his stroller) - and I was "Prize Queen" of Prize Distribution (you know, handing out t-shirts, duffle bags, etc. to fundraisers). How fitting, right? I LOVE prizes!

Anyway, it was a huge success - and based on comments from other walkers and volunteers - about 5 TIMES the size of previous years. People stayed afterwards for chowder, fruit, rolls, and even ice cream bars! Thanks to a TON of food and gift-card donations, we also had a raffle for some good prizes.

Here are a few photos from the event: notice my little Evan was the helper in the raffle.....

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm glad the event was so successful. You look like you stayed nice and warm all bundled up in your parka. Didn't Mother Nature get the memo that it's spring??? Hopefully we'll get together again soon, and you can tell me more about the event.

ramey holsman said...

You look adorable, Melly! What a great event to participate in.