

To add to the list of things Evan insists on doing HIMSELF, now we can include trimming his own fingernails. It seriously scares me!! I was so afraid he'd cut too deeply, that I sat next to him gasping and cringing every second!
So tell me, does your almost-4-year-old do this?? Or if they're older, DID they at this age?
6 comments:
Yep. Kelton started clipping his nails (fingers and toes) about that age. Makes life so much easier when he just goes and gets the clippers and takes care of it himself. :) Now if little Miss "Don't even think about trimming my nails" would learn to do it. :)
Evan is VERY sweet and cute sitting there! :)
Wow! Evan continues to amaze me with all the things he is doing. My children have no interest clipping their own nails.
Ummm, not mine! Though he's a little younger. I have to make a "nail date" to sit in our oversized tub to clip his finger nails (at least all the clippings are contained). However, toe nails take both of us to hold him down with a rest half way through so he doesn't hyperventilate from all the screaming, crying, twisting, kicking, etc.
Connor tries to do his. It just about gives me a heart attack. Now Charlotte thinks she can do it to. Why can't they pick something less scary to try on their own?
Isn't it funny what kids want to try, and what they don't? Brenda - I think you're lucky. Casey - have you had many "accidents" of clipping too closely? Julie - it scares me to death too!!! Sheri - I'm sorry Nick still hates it. Hopefully he'll be at peace with YOU doing it soon.
My kids both love to clip their nails. I let them do it "first" then I check to make sure all is done right. They haven't cut themselves yet so I guess it's safer than it looks.
Post a Comment