Monday, June 27, 2011

Seaside, Last-Minute

We ended up in Seaside yesterday afternoon!  Thanks to Evan, who exclaimed, "I want to play in the sand. Let's go to the beach!"  We didn't get there until about 3:30 - but the boys had a blast playing in the sand for about an hour before we headed to dinner. We got home at 9:00, showered the sand off our bodies, and promptly fell asleep. It was nice to be spontaneous!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, sand. I miss sand. Any my boys. And you! How fun to go to the beach spur of the moment!

Unknown said...

I've had days when I wish I would just go and do it, but never do. Good for you, sponateous family! I bet they had a blast. I miss the coast!

ramey holsman said...

That sounds like the perfect day! I loved it when Mom and Dad would take us to the beach spontaneously too -- especially if it meant skipping church on a sunny Sunday morning. (Hee haw.)