I woke up at 6:00am, tried to fall asleep for another hour, then finally got out of bed at 7:00 and did some investigating - finally to find an acceptable rate at a decent hotel with an ocean view. Yay!!!
I figured, "This is my last chance before I get too uncomfortably pregnant, and BEFORE baby comes to take my son to the beach on a whim." So, Evan and I went on a "beach adventure". We had a very good time together - playing in the sand, ocean, riding the carousel, playing at the arcade, eating breakfast at Pig N Pancake, stopping at Cannon Beach, then finally making it safely home in the middle of Friday afternoon rush-hour (that part wasn't so bad, surprisingly!) This was such a FABULOUS escape from the metropolitan heat-wave (it was foggy and cool this morning - note the jacket on Evan). AND, at the same time, we are glad to be home. We missed Ryan!!

On our way! Of course, we had to stop for coffee first...

Being silly in our hotel room.

"Hello, Haystack Rock!"

I love beach babies! He's so darn cute!
5 comments:
You are such a cool mom! What a fun adventure you two shared!!!
I am so impressed that you just packed up and went with Evan - alone. Good for you!!!!! I bet it was so nice to shake up the routine *and* play in the sand. I confess, your trip is what got me in gear and, in part, while we are going tomorrow. Though rumor has it most of Vancouver and Portland have the same idea. Here's hoping LC isn't as crazy busy as SS and CB can be.
Love the photos!!!!!
That was a really great idea. I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time together.
Awe, great pics! Looks like you both had fun. I wish I can just run to the beach on a whim, what fun!!
That is a great way to beat the heat! Glad you guys got to take a whim vacation. Cute pics :)
Post a Comment