I don't really have anything special or new to post, so I thought I'd take a little poll. Hmmmm..... let's see. How about this? Name something (good or bad) about yourself, that you wouldn't normally tell anyone! Not that this is an anonymous or private place to put it, but - there are such a limited # of people who read this blog (mostly MC friends), so what the heck...
Here's mine:
I type words in mid-air. Huh? Oh, and it gets better. They have to "fit" whatever melody is in my head. It's a weird math, rhythmical thing that probably NO ONE would understand, and I have no idea when or how I started doing this. It's not like my hands are out in front of me and I look psychotic. No. If you looked, you would probably just see my fingers moving a little. But for most of my adult life, I've been doing this! Ok, now I'm embarrassed. (insert Twilight Zone music here)
Let's hear YOURS!
9 comments:
Thanks for the comments! My thing I do, I don't know how weird it is, well I guess it is weird.. But I don't walk on grates, like man holes or water covers. Even when walking down a sidewalk, if it looks like it covers some sort of 'hole' then I will work hard to avoid it.. I am sure some people have noticed, but they never call attention to it (just my mom who says it's crazy.)
If I'm paying attention, I won't step on cracks in the sidewalk. Plus I count how many steps I take between the cracks. For a normal spaced sidewalk, it's 3 steps, then 2, then 3, 2, 3, 2....etc. THAT'S weird!!!
If I wake up in the middle of the night I ALWAYS have some random song in my head. It's actually very annoying. It makes it hard to go back to sleep.
What a fun idea for a post!
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but it does fall into the odd category.
Since I was little I have given numbers a personality. 3+4 are a couple. There is a love triangle going on with 5,6+7 (6 really likes 7, but leads 5 on). 8 isn't nice, but 2 is friendly.
I don't know why I did this. I must of been bored in math class one day and I have never forgotten it. :o)
These are great, everybody!! I love knowing I'm not the only silly one out there... :)
Melly! Nice one! I love everyone's responses. And I LOVE that you type words in mid-air based on melodies in your head.
OK, so whenever I talk on the phone I line things up while I'm talking. Telephone poles have to line up with window frames, ceilings have to line up with roof lines . . . I tilt my head until they line up and if they don't I change my position until I find things that do! I can also picture and remember conversations later based on those lines.
Can't wait to read more quirky things people do. Brenda, your "numbers relationships" is awesome!
=(\/)
I was just going to fill in some of the info for MC when I remembered another somewhat odd thing that I do... Thank goodness my apartment is small:
When I write, either in a book, like a check book, or a log, or even my personal phone book.. I have to use the same pen/pencil as the first entry. I just hate it when the new markings are darker/lighter, or a different color. I will literally spend more time looking for the correct pen/pencil, than the time it takes to write.
Crazy I know..
Oh wow! I do the typing in air thing too!! Not to music though. My fingers barely move... don't know what I'm typing, just words from my head I guess. I've never told anyone about this. eeek.
Okay, this one JUST today hit me. I search out and rather enjoy the oddities in food. The stuck together spaghetti strands, still crunchy in the middle, the burnt potato chips, the huge bubbles in pizza crust. I'm a fan of the oddball, I guess.
Post a Comment