Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Scary Late Evening
We were just finishing up Evan's bath when he started complaining, then crying, that his "privates" hurt. We got him out of the bath and encouraged him to go pee. OH BOY!! As soon as he started peeing, he started screaming in pain. I immediately called the Advice Nurse, and she told us to come in right away. Luckily we made it to Urgent Care just 20 minutes before they closed, and it took a "threat" of a catheter to get him to pee in a cup. Thankfully, they did a urinalysis right there on the spot - and he does not have a UTI. Could be something (soap?) just irritated him, but wow - it was scary! Poor little guy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awe poor Evan! When Garrett was little, he had an allergic reaction to my bath soap and we had to rush him to emergency as well. It is super scary, especially when it has to do with those sensitive "parts"! Glad to hear he doesnt have anything serious! Jeri
Oh my gosh - scary!!!!! I'm glad that he doesn't have a UTI (of course a nice round of meds would have taken care of that). It's good that you could get him to Urgent Care though - sure beats hours and hours at the ER.
Awe! Poor Evan! Poor Mom and Dad! That had to be scary! I'm glad to hear it wasn't a UTI.
Oh baby :-( Please give him a hug from crazy Auntie Rame.
That would have shaken me up too. I'm glad he's OK. Thank you for also nudging me to learn where Urgent Care is. I shoul probably find out in case we ever need to go there. I hope he's feeling better.
Wow, I hope he's feeling better! Poor little guy!!
Post a Comment