Ever seen the Disney movie Cars? Remember Luigi - the VW bug? He only spoke Italian...
Well, yesterday was the cutest thing. We were planning a long day out (Clackamas for some tax-free shopping) and had begun our drive. We hadn't gotten far when Evan noticed one of the newer model VW Beetles. "Look! A Luigi Car!" he shouts. Ryan and I immediately know what he means by this. "Yes honey, it sure is!" Then a lightbulb came on above Evan's head and he yells, "Hey! I have an idea! Let's see how many Luigi cars we can find today. We can call it a Luigi-Car-Lookout-Day!" He was so proud of his idea - and fully enjoyed pointing out all the Luigi cars he saw that day - a total of 9. I love that he made up his own little game! :)
So today, as we're heading to the grocery store, "Hey Mom, wanna play Luigi-Car-Lookout-Day again?" In fact, every time we go out for a drive, he wants to play it. Tonight, Ryan took it a step further: "Evan, for every Luigi car you see, I'll give you a penny!!"
The hunt is on....
5 comments:
That is so cute. He is so creative it just astonishes me. He is really beyond his years in stories and thoughts. I can't wait to see what your next baby will be like.. :)
I love my nephew. He's so brilliant.
Hey, make the game more challenging by having him learn a new word in Italian every time he sees one . . . ciao (hello), gratzie (thank you), arrivederci (good bye), ti amo (i love you), gatto (cat), cane (dog), ucello (bird).
What a great imagination!
Sweet and creative!
That's too cute! Ahh, yes ... you gotta love Cars! Nick got excited the other week when he saw "Doc" down the street from the house our playgroup was at ... of course, he just had his Disney fix this week and saw McQueen lead a parade and Mater end it ... oh MY!
Post a Comment