For any of you who rummage through your coupon books (PayBack, to be exact) looking for new places to eat - we found a gem! You would NEVER know from the name "C.T. Cafe" or location (McGillivray / 164th) that this little restaurant would be so delightful!
We walked in for lunch, and what a cute, asian bistro-style place! The small, bright lights above the tables, nice bamboo work on the booths, and VERY clean floors (we did notice, because Evan was pretending to be a cat) were just the beginning. Though their menu isn't huge, they do offer a good variety of American/Chinese fare (we opted for a chicken burger and a hamburger). They even serve breakfast (until 2:30pm) with those nice, big sausages. Not the cheap little stick ones....
The owner (who adored Evan) was very friendly and accommodating. Evan wanted breakfast with SELECT items, and she kindly brought them out in a beautifully decorated plate.
We are raving about this place - and wanted to share our good fortune with friends. Please support this local business - it was a pleasure being their customer!
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun place - I just may have to add it to my "things to do this summer" list! :)
I am always up for trying new restaurants and if it has Melanie's Seal of Approval, then I am there! Jeri
I've seen the sign, but haven't had the chance to venture in. Maybe the next time John's in CA, I'll have to make this one of our stops (why then? because that's the only time I get to "try" something new).
Huh. I have never noticed the place, but I do know which corner you mean. I'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment