Monday, April 11, 2011

The (small) Happy Part of Spring Break

We had BIG plans for Spring Break last week.

First, we were going to spend our first night ever at Great Wolf Lodge. This was a Christmas gift to us from Ryan's parents.

Then, we were going to spend two nights with my Dad & Barbara at their beach house.

We can thank a dear, nasty stomach bug for putting an abrupt HALT to our plans. Roughly midnight, while at Great Wolf, Jaren decided to throw up (on me too). He was still going at 2:30 when we threw in the towel and checked out at 3:30am. We were there less than 12 hours.

All day Wednesday was touch-and-go with Jaren's stomach, so my Dad was on alert that we may not be making it to the coast. Thursday morning, I got the bug. Friday night, Evan got it too. We spent the rest of the weekend recovering, and FINALLY (Monday morning), I feel back to normal.

So, without further ado, here are some pictures of the FUN time we had at GWL...

Just a couple of hours before the vomiting started...

Oh, and in case you're wondering - there AREN'T any photos of the swimming and water fun! We thought, "Oh, we'll get photos tomorrow morning". "Heh, heh, heh...." laughs the stomach bug...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had to cut your trip short, but it looked like you had fun your first day. Cute pics. And I love your wolf ears. :)

Unknown said...

That's crappy business, having to leave the wolf early. I do hope you find a way to get a partial refund out of it! You did, afterall, provide a service to the hotel by not keeping your barf-hurling child on their bed :) You still got some good pics.

Skye said...

I just wanna say, "Meeeeowww" pussycat!

Brenda said...

My kids spent Spring Break throwing up too - so I feel your pain!! :o(