
Saturday morning, I woke up with the thought, "Let's drive to the mountain!" We haven't done anything spontaneous like that in a LONG time, and the sun was shining, so off we went!
First, we stopped for lunch at Calamity Jane's. I'd never been there. They have the weirdest burger combinations! We all got "normal" burgers, and the decor was truly old western style. It was fun!
Then we headed up the mountain all the way to Timberline Lodge. There was NO snow! Also, there was a wedding - so we felt like we were intruding on an otherwise public place. Nevertheless, Ryan took Evan on a little hike while I stayed and fed Jaren in the lodge. They found a little area with some snow and had a blast playing in it. Ryan also "happened upon" some snowmobiles just sitting there, so he couldn't resist posing Evan on one of them. Notice the number? 1 - of course. :)

After heading down the mountain, it was dinnertime and we were all hungry and tired. We stopped at Marie Callender's in Gresham (and took home some of their sickeningly delicious pie).
We didn't arrive home until after 8:30pm - which is WAY past Jaren's bedtime - but the boys did SO well the entire day! Our little troopers! It was a very relaxing pace for us, and we SO needed that spontaneity.


3 comments:
GREAT pictures! Love the snowmobile one. Looks like you all had a blast! I want to go back there, its so pretty. Where is Calamity Janes? Never heard of it. I want to try it. Jeri
Sounds like a great time! We just had lunch at that Marie Callenders on Thursday!
What a brilliant day! Spontaneous inspiration. It reminds me of "beach Sundays" Mom and Dad used to take us on . . . or maybe that rainy school day I drove you and Mert to the beach to eat sandwiches and make up songs in the car . . .
"You're the sickest little thing that I've ever ever seen and you make me wanna barf and you make me wanna scream. And you are stranger than a three dollar bill and I can't help thinking that I'm gonna be ill! You make me sick, you make me ill, you make me think that I gotta take a pill . . . and I'm go-ing to the hos-pi-tal 'cause you make me sick and mentally ill!"
Post a Comment