Friday, October 16, 2009

Birth Order Blessing

You know, I really believe in the philosophy of birth order. First-borns tend to be really driven, hard-working, Type-A personality, etc. I'd also like to add that first-borns (and though I'm not technically a first-born, I am the older of a pair. AND I'm younger by almost 10 years from next oldest sister, so that kind of makes me a first-born). Anyway - I'd like to add that first-borns MUST have an obsession with their names, and putting their names on EVERYTHING. I know I did it - wrote my name on stuff - LOTS of stuff - as a kid. It was mine, of course. I was older, so I knew more and therefore deserved more. :) hee hee! (I doubt Maria will read this.)

My point? Evan most definitely fits into that first-born stereotype. (Like we didn't know this already!) My other point? He too has an obsession with his own name. But THIS PICTURE represents just how much more creative and innovative he is than I ever was at 5. There he is, along with his name. Bold. Sitting right there where you can't miss him. "This is MY room. EVAN"



You go, little boy. Right now it's Lego Duplos, and you're disappointed that you couldn't get the "N" as perfect as you wanted. Maybe someday it will be a house or building you're designing. Whatever it is, make sure you stay bold. Make sure you stay determined. And make sure you ALWAYS know who you are.




I love you................EVAN.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

WOW, that's incredible!!! I don't think I've ever thought of 'writing' with legos. Great job Evan!

Unknown said...

That is soooo completely awesome! Rachel is like that, and I feel she is a "first-borner" too. She LOVES her name and wants it everywhere. I cant remember (since it was SOOOOOO long ago) if Garrett was obsessed with his name being written or not. I completely agree with Birth Orders. Jeri

ramey holsman said...

AMEN to all of this Melly. Great writing chops too :-) I LOVE YOU E-V-A-N!!!!