Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vacation Week!

This past week was a BUSY one! Ryan and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary at Bonneville Hot Springs Spa & Resort. This overnight trip was A-MAY-ZING! We got a mineral bath, mineral wrap and 80-minute massages, all in the same couples' room. Then, dinner. Oh. My. Gosh. 1st Class, people. The food was to die for!! The next morning, room service for breakfast. Delicious!!! What a wonderful treat.

Wednesday, we left for Rockaway Beach for 2 nights. Our first stop was of course the Tillamook Cheese Factory. How can you NOT stop there for ice cream and a tour? Then on to Rockaway. The house we stayed in was brand new, but away from the beach. There was a forested area backing up the house, so it was nice and quiet. We spent Thursday in Seaside - a very FULL day - and crashed early that night. Friday, we packed up and headed home!

Now..... we're exhausted. Figures, huh? They say you need a vacation FROM your vacation - and I fully agree. Now back to a new reality: KINDERGARTEN


The "Oldyweds" - on our veranda at Bonneville Hot Springs


Checkin' out the rental house and it's "amenities"


I love this shot of Jay. This was his first time being up-close-and-personal with the sand!

Oops! He fell backwards while sitting. Look at that tear! :(

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Sweet pictures!!! What a wonderful way to not only spend your anniversary but end the summer!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics! Love them all!

Unknown said...

You guys are so lucky to have family to watch the kids so you can do this stuff. I'm jealous! Great pics, and happy anniversary to you both! I want to hear more about Bonneville hot springs; I hear it's rustic and very cool!

Sheri said...

Now that's the way to celebrate an anniversary AND the end of summer!