


Yesterday afternoon - 2:00 - the time of day when I either need to GET UP and GET OUT, or take a nap. I asked Evan if he wanted to find an art project at Michael's, and he gleefully responded "Yes!" We ended up with a make-your-own bouncy ball set (even age-appropriate, which surprised me).
How totally fun! The set ($6.99) came with two ball molds, and multiple color packets of some miscellaneous substance that you pour into the mold. After filling the mold, simply immerse in water for 60 seconds. Afterwards, let it sit for 3 minutes, then pry open the mold to find your new, brightly colored (and sticky) bouncy balls! I rinsed off the balls, and they were just fine - even bouncy!
Evan had a blast doing this - he even said to me, "Mommy, are we science men?" I said, "You mean scientists? Yes!"
8 comments:
How cool! I'm going to have to get that. Connor is really into "science" stuff these days.
Wow! That is totally fun!! I'll have to check it out for my two. :)
Cute! Those sound like a great idea. I may have to look into those, for ALL my kids, hehe. Jeri
What a cool project! I love how you work Ebby. You're the best mom ever.
I meant to say, "work WITH Ebby." Hee haw haw!
What a cool project! my boys would LOVE that!
I got this for Connor and Charlotte and they just loved it. Thanks for such a good idea!
We bought this kit for a friend's birthday yesterday, after trying to figure out what she might like. Great suggestion - thanks for blogging about it.
Post a Comment