Sunday, May 25, 2008

When The Kid Is Away....

The parents are extremely productive! My Dad took Evan for 2 nights this weekend - for the single purpose of us getting to WORK. My (realistic) goal was to sort and organize every single toy in the entire house. Man, there are a lot!

You see, we have this closet. In the 3 years that we have lived in this house, it has never been fully utilized. It has collected "things" - and it's one of those closets you NEVER open for fear of those things falling out. Junk. Embarassing.

I need not say more, other than "Take a Look at Me Now!!!"

More to come..... we finished Evan's new room too - yippee!

May I introduce.......... The Toy Closet!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm seriously jealous. TWO NIGHTS, ALL ALONE?!? We've never had one in the six years we've been parents!

Anyway, the closet looks great. Isn't organizing fun? We've been meaning to turn our closet under the stairs into a little toy room, but I just haven't done that yet. Maybe your toy room will be inspiration enough to get me to start on it. Hmm, probably not.

ramey holsman said...

Oh to have a closet that big! Well done Melaaaanie and Ryan. Did you get to do some fun stuff too?

Brenda said...

Looks great! I'm with Julie in the jealous department. We've never had a night a lone since Carson was born.

Sheri said...

I'm with Julie ... I would love to have even one night alone (even just me). But seriously, the closet looks great!