



Today we took Evan to Dinosaurs: The Live Experience at the Rose Garden. It was his first show of any kind (no, we still haven't taken him to a movie theater). What an amazing show! It had his full attention for almost 2 hours (with an intermission). The dinosaurs were very real-looking, and the sound effects were great too. After a couple of minutes, I realized they were powered by a person sitting in a little dune-buggy of a car underneath the massive dino bodies. My favorite part was when the foliage began to "grow" (air-inflated plant and flowers), and the brachiosaurus came out. They were SOOO tall! The pictures aren't that great, but this was definitely a one-of-a-kind afternoon. If this show comes back to Portland, I highly recommend it!
4 comments:
How did Evan do with the scary parts? I heard a friend say their 5 year old was a little scared during some parts of that show. Is Evan super-brave?
Nikki - if he was scared, he didn't admit it. He was very talkative the whole time. "Mommy, what's going to come out next??"
That looked like a really neat show! I'm glad to hear Evan enjoyed it.
On another note, I can't believe you guys haven't taken him to a movie. Our kids LOVE going to the movies - I think Charlotte just likes getting popcorn!
Wow, those are some nice photos! You must have been sitting practically in the front row. My brother took his son (5yrs --Santa gave him the tickets) and he hasn't stopped talking about it ... that was 3 weeks ago.
Post a Comment