Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Leaves!






Sunday afternoon, we played at Fisher Basin Park (where Evan's 3rd birthday party was). After almost losing him on the playground, we decided to walk the perimeter of the park & school. Evan crammed as many leaves into both hands as he could, then tried to flap his wings. It was so cute! The final picture is his imitation of a turkey. (If you're questioning us losing him: he decided to quietly walk away while Ryan and I were having a conversation. He spotted a little family in the field playing football, and decided he wanted to join them. Yes, it took our breath away for a few seconds there!)

5 comments:

Casey said...

Oh I hate when they do their disappaering acts. I lost Kelton at the mall once - my first outing alone with both kids. It was terrifying! Luckily he never left Picture People and after a few tense moments and a bunch of people searching in the mall for him, we located him behind the backdrops in one of the rooms. I will never, ever forget how that felt.

I love the photo of Evan being a turkey - priceless!!!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks Casey! Makes your stomach do cartwheels, doesn't it? Losing the kids....sigh....no feeling can match that fear/terror!

Unknown said...

How scary Melanie! I think we have all lost our kids at one point or another. Thankfully you found him safe and sound! Looks like you had a great time with the leaves. Love the Turkey! That would be a great picture to blow up and use as a Thanksgiving decoration! Jeri

Julie said...

I love the Evan-turkey! So cute!!

Sheri said...

Glad the park day had a "happy" ending! And thanks for the turkey-clarification ... I thought he was a lion :-)