This past weekend was spent with all THREE of my sisters at our Dad's beach house. Ramey is here from England, so it's a rare thing when all four of us are together. :(
Anyway, on our long drive, we started talking about misunderstanding statements, song lyrics, etc. Maria's longtime friend never quite got the "To Each His Own" saying. For the longest time, he heard it as "Tweetches Own". Huh?!?! Well, because our sense of humor is so whacky, we busted up - HARD - for a good long time about that one.
So, come on! You KNOW you've got some of these gems to share. Just admit it - after being cooped-up last Christmas during our snow-in, didn't you have "Cabinet Fever"?!
3 comments:
My husband, for a very long time, like til college, thought a Chest of Drawers was 'Chester Drawers', he assumed to mean because a man named Chester had designed it.
I had another friend who would say (instead of 'being as how'...) beans as how. I never did understand her thinking on that one. TWEETCHES OWN is a total classic, and my sisters would have been rolling on the floor with me on that one too!! Thanks for sharing!
You guys crack me up! Jeri
I'm still busting up!!! What a faaabulous sisters' weekend. I miss you guys sooo much already :-(
Let's not forget that Auntie Maxine also used to say, "Blessing in the skies," instead of "blessing in disguise." Though now she's our blessing in the skies :-)
I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment