Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"A Divided By"

Just had to share this cute thing. Yesterday morning, I took the boys grocery shopping. Before we even left the house, we had a screaming baby (yes, he does fuss every now and then), an emergency bathroom visit (complete with clogged toilet), and an already frazzled Mommy. But I was bound and determined to get the grocery shopping done because we had procrastinated the weekend away.

I thought to myself, "Oh Lord, I'm in for it - going grocery shopping NOW, when all signs point to a chaotic disaster - but here goes...."

And it went beautifully!! Jaren was happy as a clam in his little padded shopping cart cover, and Evan walked so calmly and helpfully put things into the cart. When we got in the car, I sighed a HUGE sigh of relief and said to Evan, "Hey Evan, your behavior was excellent! You had A+ behavior!" (We're into the whole grading system thing for behavior now - mostly started as a joke, but Evan likes it).

Anyway, he agreed with me and said, "Yeah, Mommy. I'm really proud of myself! Is A+ the best? I don't think so. I think A (DIVIDED BY) should be the VERY best. So, my behavior was A (DIVIDED BY)!!"

I just love how literal he still is. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally love this. But I'm trying to figure out if even my oldest would have heard Divided By in any context at all. You must be doing a great job teaching him math concepts already!