Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine



I have the best husband in the world. And even though there are so many cute, delicious things out there to make Valentine's Day fun for kids, it's really about being in love. It's really about lovers - not kids. This morning just reminded me of that.

I was sleeping in Evan's bed with him (as I typically end up there), and heard noises downstairs. Earlier, I'd heard Jaren, so I knew Ryan had gotten up to feed him at about 5:15am. What I didn't know was that after Ryan had fed him, he'd gotten dressed, gone to Safeway, bought my favorite S-bucks drink (nonfat chai latte), a dozen roses, breakfast food, and Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates. He'd come home, prepared a breakfast burrito, and made this sweet display on the kitchen table. When I came downstairs, there he was, holding my plate!

This is the best Valentine's Day I've ever had - and he's the only one I want to be my valentine for the rest of my life!


8 comments:

Brenda said...

Aaaawww! He is definitely a keeper! Happy Valentine's Day!

Lielanie said...

That is so sweet. :)

Casey said...

Definitely a sweetheart! You are a fortunate woman to be loved so deeply. :)

Julie said...

What a sweet guy! Just getting up early at 5:15 to feed a hungry baby would be a good enough gift for me!

Unknown said...

You definately do have a keeper! You deserve it! Jeri

Unknown said...

That's awesome. This is just one little way for us to get to know your husband better. That's some seriously in love devotion!

Sheri said...

Ohhhh, can I clone your husband? I've never had breakfast made for me, never had a husband get up to feed a hungry baby, or ... you get the idea. I'm sooooo happy that you had a fabulous, surprise-filled Valentine's Day!!!

ramey holsman said...

I love my brother-in-law soooo much!