Thursday, September 11, 2008

Funny Story

Just had to share this one - I thought it was so cute.

The other night, Ryan was telling me about the evening he'd had with his friend. They went to Big Al's for a drink (Ryan doesn't really drink), then to see a movie. He doesn't like beer, is picky about wine, and didn't really know what to order. His friend suggested a rum + Coke. I said to him, "So that's what you had? A rum and Coke?" Ryan confirmed.

Then, from the other side of the room - listening intently - Evan says, "Daddy, you drank RUM?!?" He sounded so surprised, disgusted and confused! Ryan said, "Yes son, I did." Evan couldn't believe it. He looked at his Daddy and said, "But - PIRATES like that!"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is toooooo cute! Did Ryan like the Rum and Coke? If he did, then he would know what to order next time we go out to eat ;) Jeri

Casey said...

That is soooo cute!!!!

Brenda said...

LOL - I love it !!!
Thanks for the laugh. He is such a sweetheart!

Tina said...

There is NOTHING wrong with Pirates!! I am particular about 1, The Captain. Captain Morgan to be exact. He's my lover, friend, and the "man" I call on for a good time.

Don't knock those pirates until you've tried them. And, Little One, some day may you have the pleasure of knowing and loving the pirates drink!

ramey holsman said...

Melly, would you please finally admit that you found this child in your living room after that UFO landed on your roof 4 years ago?

I sure do love that little green man who is doing a pretty good job of imitating my nephew :-)

=(V)

ramey holsman said...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way!!!! I love you.

=(V)

Julie said...

Evan is such a crack up!!

Unknown said...

Pirates also like plundering. Tell Ryan to steer clear of that behavior :)

Sheri said...

That's too cute! And good for Evan for paying such close attention to detail--hmmm, or should I ask what he's been watching where they'd be drinking rum, aye??? :-)