Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pop Rocks Rock!


After staying up WAY too late one night watching the show "Unwrapped", I was reminded of Pop Rocks candy! When I was a kid, getting candy was a rare treat - and I remember the day my older sister happened to have some Pop Rocks. They were so weird the way they crackled and popped in your mouth. I was kind of scared of them!

So, my sick sense of humor prompted me to look for them the other day at Target. I wanted to see if Evan had the same freaky reaction I did. Am I mean? Well, not much scares this kid - so of course he LOVED them and said he wanted more....

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Ohhh, memories. I remember them coming out when I was (ahem) in 4th grade ... grape, cherry, and orange!!! That was back when I had to sneack to the Little League snack shack for my candy fix (not allowed in our house, either). I would buy Pop Rocks, Zotz (almost as fun as PR's), and Gobstoppers (the big ones, 2-pack).

Brenda said...

They used to scare me too!

Casey said...

Love, love, love Pop Rocks - even now. They are freaky and fun. Zotz! Those are great, too. Sheri, there is a candy store in Seaside that sells though. I always, always buy them when we are there. :)

Julie said...

Pop rocks scared me a bit too. I'll have to get some for my kids to see how they react!